At the heart of my work is a desire to find the intersection of art and design, where the relationship of shape, form, and color work to engage the viewer in a unique experience.
My curiosity leads me to many different modes of expression and media, including painting and sculpture, and ranges from direct observation to abstraction.
As an artist, I’m inspired by landscapes, the human form, emotional and interpersonal interaction. As a designer, I am drawn to composition and structure. My goal is to bring these two in concert to create a compelling visual narrative.
Paul was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, the sixth of eight children. His dad, a dry cleaner by trade but an artist at heart, was constantly engaging the family in various art and creative endeavors. Early on Paul latched onto to his visual arts sensibilities, and spent his youth creating, building, and dreaming of being an artist of one sort or another.
His interest in art led him to a career in graphic design. He graduated from The University of Cincinnati’s College of Design, Art and Architecture in 1982, and practiced in the Boston area until the summer of 2017, when he returned back to his home town to continue his work as a designer and fine artist.
Paul’s sculpture and paintings are highly regarded and are in private collections nationally. He lives in OTR with a studio in Lower Price Hill in, the original home of the Manischewitz Matzo Company and, subsequently, of the Hutch Sporting Goods company. The building houses a wide range of artists and artisans, including painters, sculptors, ceramists, wood-workers, and photographers.
His sculpture is currently on display at Gallery OTR, in the heart of the Over-The-Rhine district of Cincinnati.
- Paul Kroner: Portraits, SCATV Gallery, Union Square, Somerville, MA
- Winner of the 3rd Annual Canvas Fine Arts (CFA) contest, 29 Newbury Street, Boston MA, Juried by ART NEW ENGLAND publisher Rita Fucillio, BNN TV It’s All About Arts Host Glenn Williams,and CEO of CFA Suzanne Schultz
- Paul Kroner | Seen + Felt, Touch Art Gallery, Cambridge, MA
- Kakafo Cafe, Solo Exhibit, Cambridge, MA
- Daniel’s Gallery, Solo Exhibit, Hebrew Rehabilitation Center, Boston, MA
- The Kroner Brothers, Ruth’s Parkside Cafe, Cincinnati, OH
- Metal and Fire: The Children of Vulcan, Juried William Turville and Ecco Pierce,Nave Gallery, Somerville, MA
- 14th Annual National Prize Show, Cambridge Artist Association, Juried Caitlin Doherty, Deputy Director of Curatorial Affairs at the Broad Art Museum at Michigan State, Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Cambridge, MA14th Annual
- National Prize Show, Cambridge ArtisAssociationon, Juried Caitlin Doherty, Deputy Director of Curatorial Affairs at the Broad Art Museum at Michigan
- Inside Outside 2014, Juried by,Turtle Studios, Watertown, MA
- Pretty/Ugly, Juried by Camillo Alvarez, Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Cambridge, MA
- New Member Show, Cambridge Artist Association, Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Cambridge, MA
- Body in Lines, Nave Gallery Annex, Juried Group Show, Somerville, MA
- Recycle, Kathryn Schultz Gallery, Juried Group Show, Cambridge, MA
- Artists’ Choice Exhibit @ Somerville Museum, Group Show, Somerville, MA
- Inside out Gallery, Juried Show, Somerville, MA
- Salon 21, The Nave Gallery, Juried Show, Somerville, MA
- AIDS Action Committee, Cambridge, MA
- 2010 Raise The Roof, Cambridge, MA
- Emerging East Cambridge Artists, Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center, Cambridge, MA